Friday, September 26, 2014

C4K #3 September Summary

Mao, New Zealand, 6th grade student and did a presentation on solving math problems by changing one number to a tide number. My response was Mao,I think this was a great presentation, showing us how we can change a number to to a Tidy Number. I think this is very interesting because it shows us different ways on how to use Math and different techniques and strategies to use with math problems. Although I am a bit confused, I understand that one number will get bigger and the other will get smaller. But I am not understanding problem #1, how the second number is not adding up to 79 instead of 90 since we +1 and #3 on how the first number is not 235 instead of 135 and we -1. I would be ecstatic if you would be able to explain and teach that to me, so I will be able to have a better understanding.
Great Presentation,
Shayla McCorvey

Ava, Nebraska, 4th grade student wrote a blog post on "Pizza ice cream is awesome because you can freeze it or you let it melt on the plate. You can also freeze it into ice cubes. My response was Ava, I have never heard of Pizza Ice Cream, how does it taste? What made you come up with a interesting food topic? Maybe this is a recipe I can try one of these days, are you willing to give me more information on Pizza Ice Cream?

Avery, Massachusetts, 5th grade student wrote a blog post on "I love the teachers. The teachers are nice!" My response was "Hi Avery, You are so sweet so say such a wonderful thing. I am currently going to college to be an Educator. I always wanted to be a teacher when I was a child, I use to play school while my younger sister would pretend she was the student. What is so special to you about your teacher that makes her so special and nice? Do you want to be a teacher? If not, what do you want to become when you get older? Can't wait to hear from you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment